Apply for the
- The applicants must be enrolled in an accredited 4-year undergraduate program at a university or college located in the United States or a 2-year technical trade school.
- Applicants should have an interest in environmental science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or construction management.
- Applicants must be New Jersey residents.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, submit the following:
- Prepare a 1,000-word essay AND a two-minute long video covering the topic of: “What are the benefits of Biofuel and its impact on the economy and the environment.“
- The essay should be created in a Google document, be double spaced, and use Arial 12pt font. Be sure to share the Google document. Set the sharing settings to: “On – Anyone with the link”.
- Be creative! The video may be of you, friends or pets, and also include animations and infographics as needed to help illustrate your points.
- Be sure that your script and content is well-written, sufficiently detailed and based on information that is well-researched through credible construction sources.
- Upload your Video submission to YouTube and be sure to include a link to https://www.skylandsenergy.com in the video description. Please include the following tags in your video details: “biofuel”, “fuel”, “heating oil”, “energy” and “Skylands Energy Service”. You should also include any tags that might be relevant to your specific topic. Once uploaded, you should share the video on social media using the hashtag #SkylandsEnergyScholarship.
- Click the Apply Now button and fill out the application form.
- To be considered for the 2019 award, entries must be received no later than May 31, 2019.
Note: After submitting your application, there will be no automated confirmation message acknowledging receipt of your email. The winner will be contacted directly via email or by phone provided in your cover letter. The winner will be notified by July 15th, 2019.